Public Service Post: Swedish Meatball Recipe
It’s the first of advent meaning that we have officially entered the sweet spot of Swedish meatball season. Much like the infamous Nilsson family glögg recipe, I get a lot of requests for our super traditional Köttbulle recipe. Don’t bother calling me or writing it down. Here it is, permanently recorded for all eternity on the interwebs.
Cubed Bread – 2 cups
Heavy Cream – 6 T
Veal, Ground – 1 lb
Pork, Ground – 1 lb
Beef, Ground – 1 lb
Onion, medum, finely chopped – 1
Salt – 2 t
Pepper – 1/2 t
Nutmeg – 1/4 t
Allspice – 1/4 t
Eggs – 2
Lingonberries – 2 jars
Beef Broth – 1 c
Dry mustard – 2 t
- Preheat oven 350
- Soak bread in cream until absorbed
- Combine everything but lingenberries, broth & mustard.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks at this point.
- Combine meatballs and broth in dutch oven or sause pot. Cover and warm over low heat.
- Add lingenberries and mustard.