I currently work for Jenzabar, the fastest growing ERP software company in the higher education market (and kicking Oracle’s butt). I lead Jenzabar’s strategic initiatives including corporate strategy and planning, with a little M&A work on the side.
Other side projects include being a founding partner at North Sea Ventures and advising to Vodia Ventures, a seed capital fund.
Prior to joining Jenzabar, I was doing the mega commute between Boston and DC to be the head of marketing and sales at CMDI. There I oversaw business development that resulted in 160% sales growth placing CMDI on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest growing companies in 2013. CMDI’s flagship SaaS product managed over $2.02 billion in transactions during my tenure.
Before joining CMDI, I founded Fundly, the largest social fundraising company on the interwebs. We raised $7.8 million in venture capital and setup shop in Palo Alto. Fundly has empowered its hundreds of thousands of users to raise more than $325,000,000… and counting.
The concepts and technology that were used to found Fundly (originally called BlueSwarm) were originally conceived while my application development firm, eNilsson International, was working with Mitt Romney (’08 & ’12) and John McCain (’08). While working with these 2 presidential candidates, I delivered technology that helped them consistently break fundraising records.
My technology innovations during the 2008 election cycle, received 2 Polly Awards and 2 Reed Awards. I received a 3rd Polly for my work in the 2010 elections where 125 campaigns utilized my products and services.
Other achievements include:
- Creating a SaaS logistics platform that coordinated 34,175 events for the RNC, Romney for President, and McCain for President.
- Developing an association membership management SaaS platform that managed $200M in transactions.
- Building and bringing to market ElephantCalendar, a paper-based computing platform that was recognized as a SmartMoney Magazine “Gadget of the Month.”
- Developing a geo-mapping UX to aggregate 30 million species-level records to study the disbursement and movement of all sea life.
No bio page would be complete without a list of personal interests. At this very moment, these are a few things I enjoy besides work:
- startups and the science behind them,
- history of cholera in Victorian London (I am fascinated by the issues surrounding the providing of clean water to everyone on the planet),
- the neuroscience behind human productivity,
- soccer (where I play & who I support),
- whitewater kayaking, and
- renovating my 200 year old New England farm house & barn.